Makes one 9-inch loaf
1 tablespoon rum
1/3 cup Mariani Dried Pineapple
4 large ripe bananas
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup coconut oil, heated until liquefied
1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
2 cups unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup lightly toasted and roughly chopped macadamia nuts
1/3 cup lightly toasted shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 ℉. Grease a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Place rum in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then toss in the pineapple pieces and turn off the heat. Cover and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with the back of a fork until the largest remaining lumps are about the size of grapes. Stir in the eggs, oil and brown sugar. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together over the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Drain the pineapple if any liquid remains, discard the rum. Fold in the pineapple, nuts and shredded coconut.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
5. Once cooled, store wrapped in plastic wrap.
Sara Kate Gillingham of Recipes From The Kitchn