Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Serves: 10 to 12
- Stir together all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut pork into 2-inch cubes, trimming away any larger pieces of fat. Place in a large foil pan and sprinkle with rub, then toss to coat evenly.
- Remove from pan and cook directly on a grill over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until nicely charred on all sides.
- Place back in pan and stir in barbecue sauce, broth, vinegar and liquid smoke.
- Add dried apricots and onion and stir again.
- Cover tightly with foil. Place pan over indirect or very low heat and grill for 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Shred with 2 forks and season with garlic salt. Serve on desired rolls.
TIP: This recipe may also be prepared in the oven. Bake tightly covered at 325°F for 2 hours.