Preparation Time: About 3 hours
Servings Per Recipe: Makes 3 dozen
1 cup butter, melted
1 ⅔ cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 cups Organic Deglet Noor Pitted Dates, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ginger, ground
1 cup water
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring frequently. Set aside in refrigerator to chill.
3. In a saucepan, bring Organic Deglet Noor Pitted Dates, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and water to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. About 15 minutes. Let cool and stir in nuts. Set aside.
4. Divide cookie dough into four, equal sections. Roll out each portion between two sheets of wax paper into a 12×9 rectangle. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Remove waxed paper and spread date mixture on each section. One by one, roll dough starting from the longer side. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm. About 1.5 hours.
6. Unwrap dough and cut into slices. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
7. Remove and cool on wire racks. Enjoy warm and store at room temperature.