For the Crostini:
Salt & pepper
1 clove of garlic, peeled
For the Topping:
1 cup champagne or dry white wine
1/2 cup Mariani Dried Cherries
4 oz goat cheese
4 oz thinly sliced prosciutto
Extra-virgin olive oil
To prepare the crostini:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife, thinly cut the baguette on a very sharp diagonal into 3-inch-long slices. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and bake for 4 to 6 minutes, or until light golden brown and crisp.
- While the crostini are hot, rub the garlic clove over each. Set the crostini aside to cool completely.
Meanwhile, to prepare the cherry mixture:
- In a small saucepan, combine the champagne and cherries and bring to a boil over high heat. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and set aside to cool completely, tossing occasionally.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese over the crostini and top with cherries. Tear the prosciutto slices into 2-inch pieces and arrange them over the crostini. Bake for about 2 minutes, or until warm.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the crostini and sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Chef Curtis Stone