1 cup rice (any non-sticky variety)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup split cashews
1/2 cup Mariani Raisins
1/2 to 3/4 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup red & green bell peppers
1/2 cup onion
1 green chili, slit vertically
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
Salt, as needed
1 cup chopped pineapple chunks
1. Wash and soak rice. Then cook in about 2 1/2 cups water until al dente. Drain the rice and cool completely.
2. Heat a pan with butter, fry cashews until lightly golden, add raisins and then garlic. Saute until fragrant.
3. Add chili, bell peppers and onions. Fry until peppers are lightly cooked, but still crunchy.
4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, salt and curry powder. Mix well. Add in the pineapple chunks.
5. Saute the pineapple for about 2 minutes. Add the rice and butter.
6. Toss everything well and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot or warm.