1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw pecans
20 Mariani Pitted Dates
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Green apple twists, for decoration
Orange candy melts, for coating the pumpkin
Dark chocolate, for melting to make
1. Put the raw nuts in a food processor and process until it becomes a meal. Remove and set aside.
2. Put the Mariani Pitted Dates into the processor and process until it’s finely chopped and forms a ball. Add the cocoa powder and the nut meal. Process until a nice loose dough forms.
3. Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to portion out the date mixture. Form into balls. Place on a sheet pan and freeze until ready to use.
4. Melt orange candy melts. Remove the truffles from the freezer and dip them into the candy melts, cover completely. Sprinkle on orange sprinkles and add the green apple twists for stems. Put all the jack-o’-lanterns on a parchment lined sheet and place in the fridge to set.
5. After the chocolate sets, continue decorating with melted chocolate to create faces.