For the Crepes:
1 tablespoon sugar
3 1/4 cup milk
2 1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Filling:
500 gr pressed cottage cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup dried cranberries
Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
Making the crepes:
1. In a bowl, beat 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir with a fork or whisk until smooth.
2. Pour milk with (3 1/4 cups in 3 steps) alternating with flour (2 1/4 cups in 2 steps), starting and finishing with milk. Mix well until combined. The consistency of the dough should be like a cream. If you still have lumps, strain the dough into a large enough bowl over a sieve. The dough should turn lump free and pour easily.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the dough and mix to combine. Let stand 15-20 minutes.
4. Place 9 inch skillet on the heat and grease it with a bit of oil. Place 1/4 cup batter on the hot pan and quickly bread the dough over the entire surface to a paper thin layer by slightly rotating the pan. When the edges of the dough start to dry and the middle is bubbly – run a rubber spatula around to loosen the edges.
5. Carefully pick under the crepe and if it’s golden brown, gently flip. Fry the other side for about 2 minutes until it becomes golden brown as well. With a spatula, remove the crepe from the pan and place it on the plate.
Making the Filling:
1. Place cottage cheese and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add sour cream and vanilla, blend until smooth. Add dried cranberries & combine.
To Assemble the Crepes:
1. Place 1 tablespoon of cheese filling on each crepe and fold like an envelope.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan and saute the crepes on medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Serve with jam, honey or sour cream.