1 cup raw pecans
1 cup raw walnuts
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
About 20 Organic Pitted Dates
Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
For the Topping:
1/4 cup crushed pecans/walnuts
&/or sea salt
1. Place pecans and walnuts in a food processor (or blender) and process until it reaches the consistency of a meal. Remove and set aside.
2. Next, place Organic Pitted Dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain and/or it forms a ball.
3. Add in the cocoa powder and 1/2 of the nut meal and pulse. Continue pulsing and adding the nut meal a little at a time until a loose dough is formed. You may not need to use all the nuts, which is fine because you can use any leftovers for topping the truffles.
4. Once you have a dough that’s easy to form into balls, scoop out 1 tablespoon amounts and form into balls. Set on parchment paper and place in freezer to chill.
5. Melt the dark chocolate wafers in 30 second increments, insuring it doesn’t burn.
6. Remove truffles from freezer and, one at a time, dip them into the melted chocolate. Top with sea salt or crushed nuts. Repeat with remaining truffles and let set at room temperature. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.