For the Crust:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
For the Apricot Filling:
3/4 cup Mediterranean Dried Apricots, finely chopped
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
For the Topping:
2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. For filling, in a small saucepan, bring apricots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain. Add the pecans, sugar, marmalade, cinnamon and cloves; set aside.
3. Shape dough into 12 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups.
4. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
5. For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spoon a dollop onto each tart.